Thursday, May 21, 2009

for the boss with everything

I wanted something for my supervisor, to say thank you for the wonderful year. She is one of those women with everything, so I thought I would try and make something.

So here I am with my supplies: linoleum and cutter, pen/pencil, paints, etc. I already had the brayer, and blank cards with envelopes from the fancy paper store. I made a little template from a photo of vases in the Ellison collection out on the mezzanine. You should visit the "new" American Wing, they will be instantly recognizable!

After a couple tries, I decided the notecard looked a little funny with the little vases on a totally white background, so I smooshed on more ink and pressed harder when printing. Okay, so they aren't great works of art. This was my first attempt at a linocut (though I think I like it!). And the colors are perhaps brighter than a classy person would prefer. But, the subject matter is personal, meaningful, and Nonnie will totally get it.

No comments: