Thursday, March 5, 2009

P.E. Guerin Revisited (literally)

We have a set of doors that need a reproduction handle, so I ran around town checking out some options. To cover the bases, I browsed at some hardware places, spoke to a few people: I was looking for something pre-made... but what we need is just not what's being made, so over to P.E. Guerin it was. I first visited during graduate school, and boy was it awesome. (btw, I never found a concrete connection regarding my thesis).

If all goes well, I will post about the finished product. I'm sure it will be awesome, but one 3-figure door handle makes a little intern nervous! I will be very relieved when it is all finished... paid for... installed. In the mean time, check out one of the best things about the shop: the friendly cat!

1 comment:

A.H. Buchbinder said...

Best fieldtrip ever.

I'm excited to see this door handle. You know, you'll be pointing that out to your grandkids one day. ;)