Do you know me? You know how I think everything is funny? Okay, well, add this to the list. I'm not sure how new this tactic is, but the guys downtown are hiding their knockoff bags in big hobo bundles. A sick part of me wishes that they would go all the way and dress as hobos, really acting the part (that is just so wrong, especially in these times). Come on, at least take off your fake Louis Vuitton hat, dude. These guys are walking around with their sheet-wrapped merch, stuffed in big cardboard boxes on dolleys, whispering at all the tourists in Battery Park. But hey - they are bringing "design" to the people, right? (gag)You know what the worst bit of my observation was? My query: "I wonder how far back in history this phenomenon goes?" Can't you just imagine 18th-century hawkers and their imitation goods?

1 comment:
I think that's a great question too! I also see that I missed a whole bunch of entries I need to read later...
Post a Comment