This guide to "The Age of Rembrandt" exhibition at the Met was published in the NYT online on September 20th, but I'm just now playing around with it. While I was doing research at the Met a couple weeks ago I did the fast-forward version of the show. I chose a few paintings and spent about an hour there, and it is AWESOME. Alright, so I'm easy to please in this department, but there were some paintings I had never seen before, some of which are highlighted in the NYT guide. This online guide shows you the floor plan and organization of the show, and gives detailed information for 13 of the 228(!) paintings on display. For the site, art critic Holland Cotter narrates the highlights, providing a mini art history lesson with each one. So, head over to the online arts section and get yourself a little schoolin'.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
NYT Guide to "The Age of Rembrandt"
This guide to "The Age of Rembrandt" exhibition at the Met was published in the NYT online on September 20th, but I'm just now playing around with it. While I was doing research at the Met a couple weeks ago I did the fast-forward version of the show. I chose a few paintings and spent about an hour there, and it is AWESOME. Alright, so I'm easy to please in this department, but there were some paintings I had never seen before, some of which are highlighted in the NYT guide. This online guide shows you the floor plan and organization of the show, and gives detailed information for 13 of the 228(!) paintings on display. For the site, art critic Holland Cotter narrates the highlights, providing a mini art history lesson with each one. So, head over to the online arts section and get yourself a little schoolin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment