Sunday, January 20, 2008

Zuber Wallpaper

My trip to NYC is giving me a lot to write about, since we had a week packed with antiques, design, museums, and auctions.

While on our way to the design center in New York, a few of my classmates and I stopped in the Zuber showroom! It is very tiny, but so so cool. Here I'm posing with a trompe l'oeil paper, made to look like lace. I wanted my picture with this particular paper because it is one of the patterns from the early 19th century (I think 1830s?) that they still produce! I think most of what they sell today is comprised of the older designs, which includes tons of the scenic papers they are most famous for. One of my first posts was about a wallpaper made by one of their competitors, Merii. That paper came from an awesome book about French wallpapers that this lace paper is in too.

No comments: