Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Delicious Lighting

The New York Times personal shopper slide show in the Home and Garden section features this chandelier designed by Jose Esteves, in France (but you can buy it in New York). He calls it the Brocante Chandelier, and you can buy single tier versions, as well as two sizes of the multi-tiered one. I'm starting to think my future holds business ownership: I love any decorative art within a decorative art, and there is so much out there, I think a whole shop could be devoted to these sorts of objects.

These lighting devices also remind me of undergrad, when I used to spend a lot of time in the jewelry studio. I wish I knew then what I know now (isn't that always the case...) about decorative arts and the possibilities of things I could have made. I want to go back and make objects like this.

No comments: