Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Glassware Wrapping Paper

Someone gave this wrapping paper to a classmate of mine, who is the glass queen and future glass curator. It was first given to the third party wrapped around something, then to my friend, and then documented by me, so I don't know where it comes from. Possibly a glass museum gift shop, or the V&A because they often have awesome stuff like this. When I try to google this paper, I come up with advice on how to wrap glassware... so, no luck finding it so far.

This paper is so nerdy but so cool: each type of glass is labeled with its name and date range. I'm partial to the jelly glass from the early 19th century, in the center of the paper, because I spent a semester studying these and their contents. I loved a recipe I found for "everlasting whip-syllabub," which would last over a week (and contained dairy!). Historic cooking can be kind of gross.

2 comments:

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

very cute wrapping paper :-)

pke said...

Thanks! I wish I could find out where it originally came from.