Sunday, March 14, 2010

fiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!

Well, well. I survived the release of Liberty of London for Target at my local store this morning. I was not going to go because everyone else wussed out, but then I had a dream that I went in the afternoon and everything was gone. And I woke up and the wallets I liked were already sold out online.

So, I got a coffee and scone, and walked over to Target, arriving about ten minutes before the 8am opening. There were only about 30 people over the course of the first hour, but boy were the goods decimated. The only stuff out when we arrived was women's apparel. I picked up a dress (the last in a size small). The sizes run large, and the fabric was disappointing. I probably would have purchased more if they were made of cotton. But this dress is pretty cute.


There was a group of three women grabbing everything in sight, filling multiple shopping carts. Boxes of accessories and all the home goods were brought out and people (mostly these three women) snatched things up before they hit the shelves. Most items didn't really have a chance to get on a shelf. At all. I was able to snag two wallets (the things I most wanted!).


I also got a neat storage box that I'm going to use for craft supplies. It looks better in person. I'm glad I went because there was really no way to tell what the quality of things would be. I thought there would be more cotton dresses. The pillows were kind of nice, but not good enough to fight for. The bedding quality was acceptable, but they only have poly-filled duvets and no sheets. I did like the quilts, but I really would have been sold on sheets. I probably would have lost an eye trying to get them though. I had really wanted some of the serving ware, and thought it was all ceramic, but most of it was actually plastic. And the two-tiered serving tray I liked was rickety. So there you have it. With my four items totaling about $60, I was one of the more modest shoppers.

No comments: